Wednesday, September 30, 2020

MARCY'S THOUGHTS!- RAINY OVERCAST DAYS !

   







  

Greetings, Dear Readers!

Have you ever noticed your energy level on rainy overcast days?  My eyelids are always a bit heavy.  My energy is low.  We seem to have a lot of days like this in Michigan! 

My afghan on the sofa becomes my best friend!  It's a "Soup and Story" day!  A good book or old movie keeps me company on such days!


I have a special series from my childhood that I still love to read.  Reading "The Long Winter" gave me my first realization that the written word could transform you to a different place and time. (You may have heard this story before, so forgive me if it's a repeat!)

I was sitting in my bedroom on the second floor of our house. No air conditioning in the Summer. I was reading "The Long Winter" and became chilled to the bone, right along with the girl in the story! I wrapped myself in a quilt and continued to read.  All at once my sister's voice pulled me back to reality.  "What's wrong with you?!" she exclaimed!  "It's 90 degrees in here!"  That's when I realized how powerful a story- and the imagination was, not only to the visual, but the physical as well!

Now back to today, with the chilly, rainy winds blowing and the sky an overcast grey.  I'll snuggle into my afghan, open a book, and be transported once again!

Happy Reading, Dear Readers!  A Bowl of homemade soup and a good story equals a good "Rainy Day" afternoon!

Until next time!  Hugs to All!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MARCY'S THOUGHTS- THE PAST THAT HAUNTS US!

 From time to time I'm haunted by the difficulties I had in my past!   My anger for these events well in my chest, making me frustrated ...