Wednesday, October 7, 2020

MARCY;S THOUGHTS- NONNA MARCY'S MUSINGS- AGING!

 


As the Morning sky turned a golden pink I sat reflecting on "getting older"- and what that means to me.  I don't often dwell on my age.  I've already lived longer than either of my parents, something I didn't think I'd do.  I have not been fatalistic in my thinking, just realistic.  My attitude  has been to value what I have when I have it- not be in fear of what "might" be.

There are physical changes for sure.  Youthful attractiveness gives way to "Old Lady Cuteness"- as my Son calls it.  Ha!  My strength is not what it once was, nor is my stamina.  My heart likes to skip beats from time to time.  Yet I'm in relative good health. I'm no more forgetful now than I was in my youth.  These are real blessings!  And I cherish all blessing while I can.  I'm realistic enough to know that life can turn on a dime!  Tomorrow may bring challenges that are most difficult!

I no longer worry as I did when I was younger.  I worried if I'd be able to have the career I wanted, what sort of man I would marry, if I married.  Would I be a good mother?  How can I have a career and be a full time Mother, Wife, and homemaker?!  On and on I would worry about my responsibilities, if I was up to the task, and if I was doing all I could/ should do.   I'm worn out just thinking about how I worried! Ha!

The Pandemic has indeed been a challenge to getting older!  Many of the "simple things" I value highly are not available!  Hugs! And Smiles!  I miss Smiles!  Now- I've been rather hard of hearing most of my life. These masks have added a new challenge! On a rather humorous note I now realize since everyone is wearing masks that I no longer can "read lips"! (What?  Huh?  Say again? )  So this year of getting older has been a bit tough.  

While I'm able, I want to:   -Value each day!

                                             -Be less serious, laugh more!

                                             -Forgive, not only others but myself as well!

                                             -Soak in each good thing I see and experience!

                                             -Take chances!  Road trips! Flights! Sunday drives into the countryside!

My second cup of coffee is gone- and so my morning musings will end.

Thank you, Dear Readers for coming along as I contemplate getting a day older!  

                                      May You All Stay Safe, Stay Well, And Be Happy!

                                      It's A Good Day To Have A Good Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MARCY'S THOUGHTS- THE PAST THAT HAUNTS US!

 From time to time I'm haunted by the difficulties I had in my past!   My anger for these events well in my chest, making me frustrated ...