Wednesday, September 9, 2020

MARCY'S THOUGHTS- THE POWER OF MOTHER NATURE! THUNDERSTORMS!! OH MY!!


The other night  I woke to flashes of light in the night sky! Then slowly, as the flashes intensified there was a low gentle thunder- almost like a growl! A Storm was coming!!

I wrapped myself in an old terrycloth robe and headed for the balcony!  I Love Thunderstorms!  There is something beautiful and powerful about storms!  It's a power totally out of our control, sometimes fairly gently, sometimes furious- always awe inspiring! 

Little puffs of wind started up- just gentle puffs at first- giving way to ever increasing strength.

As the night sky continued to light up the distant "growl" of thunder became a large clap- and then a "Boom" that shook the sky! It seemed that Mother Nature was intent on waking all in a light and sound display of strength!

And then the rain came! Splashes at first- the a downpour- washing all in it's path in an intense shower!

Trees were swaying, my covered balcony plants were dancing in the wind and the air seemed to crackle with energy! It seemed Mother Nature was intent on giving my area a good washing down!

One final Flash and Clap of thunder, and the storm slowly rolled away- leaving behind a newly washed Earth!  

It was hard to fall back to sleep after that,  I felt a bit restless.  Mother Nature left behind some residue of energy!  

I stand in awe Mother Natures  Beauty, and sometimes Frightening Power!

In one word- HUMBLING!!

Until next time, Dear Readers!  


No comments:

Post a Comment

MARCY'S THOUGHTS- THE PAST THAT HAUNTS US!

 From time to time I'm haunted by the difficulties I had in my past!   My anger for these events well in my chest, making me frustrated ...