Saturday, September 12, 2020

MARCY'S THOUGHTS! - THE POWER OF A HEARTFELT SMILE !! -OR ONE ACT OF KINDNESS!

 I once had an elderly friend relate a story to me that  I'll aways remember.  She told me that when she was young and had a family her son was a special needs child.  

As hard as she tried, she was always getting criticism from someone!  Sometimes it was professionals in the field of special needs children.  Since they didn't agree among themselves, no matter who's advice she took, someone else was harping at her. She became very despondent.

One day after session with one of these doctors she headed for a restaurant for coffee and lunch.  Her heart was breaking and she felt like just giving up!


The waitress came to get her order and must have realized the emotional state this woman was in!  She didn't try to console her with words.  She looked the despondent woman directly in the eyes and gave her a dazzling smile- a smile that seemed to say "You will be alright!  And I'm glad you are here!"   

Something shifted in my friend.  She felt lighter.  The waitress had imparted some sort of kindness to that woman- a sot of acknowledgement - all in a heart felt smile!

I hung on to that story, realizing that we may never know who we touch - who we impart a touch of hope, all by one act of kindness-  Something as simple as eye contact and a Heart Felt Smile!

Of course, a smile is hard to come by with this Pandemic and Mask requirements!  But there are many other ways to show kindness!

Until Next Time, Dear Readers!  Do One Simple Act Of Kindness Today!  You May Never Know The Impact That Kindness Will Have!    

 It Just May Be Profound!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Wilhelmina- Thank you! The eyes and the smile impart and communicate so much emotion! Thank you for your comment and for following along!
      Marcy
      aka Nonna Marcy

      Delete

MARCY'S THOUGHTS- THE PAST THAT HAUNTS US!

 From time to time I'm haunted by the difficulties I had in my past!   My anger for these events well in my chest, making me frustrated ...