Friday, September 4, 2020

MARCY'S THOUGHTS - GROWING OLDER HAS IT'S UP SIDE!

 


Greetings! 

  I'm a "Baby Boomer". Meaning I was born shortly after the end of World War II   I've watched class mates and friends pass away- the down side of aging.  

There are little losses I've have along the way also.  Things I took for granted.  

I'm no longer jogging!  I watch my diet a little closer.   The dark hair has turned to a salt and pepper.  

There are wrinkles, crinkles, and cellulite I didn't have in my youth!  The beauty of youth has given way to old lady "cuteness", or so I'm told! Ha!  I could go on.  But I'd rather focus on the positive.


There ARE "Positives" to growing older!

I Love my independence!  My children are grown and busy with their own lives.  I'm a part of their lives, but no longer responsible for them.

I wake in the morning knowing I can CHOOSE what I want to do that day!  I'm retired!  I can walk around in PJ's- or do whatever I want to do that day!

I can pack a bag and head out on a road trip!  Spontaneously!  There's a  FREEDOM  that comes with age!  

And there's HUMOR! I laugh more!  I used to take myself rather seriously and now can laugh at myself.  I like myself more, accept my own quirks and foibles!  I accept the way God made me,  a super softy that cries easily.  

I'm probably more in tuned with Mother Nature than some.  I feel more at home "Outside" than "Inside".   (Thus the desire for warm weather)  I'm not a nester as much as I am a restless traveler. This is just me- and that's okay.  So, SELF ACCEPTANCE  and the peace that comes with that is also a plus of aging!

I accept the woman in the mirror.  "I'm awake, alive, alert, enthusiastic" as the song goes! Lol!  In a world  obsessed with the appearance of "youth",  I acknowledge that aging has it's own BEAUTY

And I put up with much less!  I no longer tolerate the ridiculous.  I acknowledge I can not save people from themselves!  So- "NO" has become a good word for me!  I also like the phrase "Knock it off!!" Ha! I'm so much better at setting boundaries! (Another plus of getting older! )

I realize now more than ever how precious each day is!  I savor the good things more. I take nothing for granted. That WISDOM has also come with aging, learning, and observing!

EACH DAY IS A GIFT!  Young or old or middle age, no one is assured of tomorrow! I look for the good, and look for the opportunity to DO GOOD!

Until next time, Dear Readers!  Enjoy Each Day! Don't be afraid of growing older! That in itself is a           GIFT!




6 comments:

  1. I can relate to so many descriptions you made of yourself. I'm a Baby Boomer too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Unknown-
    Thank you for your comment! We'll see more little changes if we're lucky enough to grow even older. I say - Enjoy each day and blessings we have today!
    Marcy
    aka Nonna Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking beautiful as ever Cuz!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your musings are so "right on" for those of us who are enjoying life as "Seniors". Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. theshaun- Thank you, kiddo! You have True Beauty! So good to hear from you! Thanks for following along! Hugs from afar!
    Marcy
    aka The Flight Nun

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wilhelmina-
    Thank you so much for following along! We Seniors gotta stick together! LOL. Hugs!
    Marcy
    aka The Flight Nun

    ReplyDelete

MARCY'S THOUGHTS- THE PAST THAT HAUNTS US!

 From time to time I'm haunted by the difficulties I had in my past!   My anger for these events well in my chest, making me frustrated ...