Saturday, September 5, 2020

THE FLIGHT NUNS THOUGHTS ON NONNA MARCY'S MUSINGS - A "PANDEMIC" PRAYER


 

To God- whatever Power there be- 

I've lived during the Polio epidemic, and a time when antibiotics were "new".  I've  know the concern and even fear of catching a life altering illness. Those were difficult times growing up.  But this is the worst I've seen in my 74 years of life!

There are those who theorize this to be some cruel hoax! But this Pandemic is World Wide! Logic says there is NO power on Earth that could incorporate every Country on Earth to such a hoax!



 God!  The people of the World are hurting! Here in the United States people have gone through their  life savings and now face poverty! And the Virus is still "out there"!

God!  Be with the hand of the scientist that searches for a cure!  Be with the politicians who's policies hold our lives in their hands.  

And Please, God!  Be with the people! They need comfort and reassurance in the face of fear, frustration, hurt- and anger!  

All the Earthly "Powers that be" are helpless against this Virus!  It's changed our lives! The way we live, work, play, and interact with others.

Perhaps we got too accustom to our freedom!  I know I certainly took it for granted!  Did we forget to acknowledge our good fortune? To be Thankful?  I think so! Perhaps we all were like the child who got everything they wanted and valued it little!

Forgive us, God.  We certainly are humbled in the face of this Pandemic!  I pray we all are more grateful for our daily food, shelter, lives!

What we could use  God is a Miracle! I know there are big and small miracles happening every day. I think today we need a really miraculous Miracle!

I Thank You In Advance!



6 comments:

  1. DEAR UNKNOWN- Thank you for your comment! This Pandemic situation is on all of our hearts! Thank you for following along.
    Marcy Padrta
    aka Nonna Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Many thanks Marcy, your words are wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, Marcy, for your eloquent essay. You've given me much to think about!

    ReplyDelete
  4. theshaun- Thank you so much for your comment! I so appreciate your support! Thank you for followiing along!
    Marcy
    aka Nonna Marcy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Der Unknown- Thank you for your comment and for following along! Yes- with all that's going on there indeed is much to think about!
    Marcy Padrta
    aka Nonna Marcy

    ReplyDelete

MARCY'S THOUGHTS- THE PAST THAT HAUNTS US!

 From time to time I'm haunted by the difficulties I had in my past!   My anger for these events well in my chest, making me frustrated ...