Tuesday, September 15, 2020

MARCY'S THOUGHTS- MUSIC! A GIFT TO ALL THE SENSES!


     

   Music has always been a part of my life.  I started playing stringed instruments at the age of 7. Later I added the piano, and in my late teens played a baritone ukulele in a folk singing group.  And I sang in choirs and groups. 

   The Viola was my instrument!  Along with the school orchestras I played in the North Iowa Symphony. In all, I averaged about 5 hours a day playing that instrument!

   Music can reflect our every emotion!  From Joy, Grief, Sadness, Love, and even Anger!

   The rhythm of a piece can get our foot to tapping, encourage us to sway, dance, even exercise!  

   Music connects us with our physical, emotional, and spiritual beings!

   As of late I haven't connected with those instruments that were such a part of my youth! As an adult other things took my time and attention!  

   Now I'm drawn back to not only listening to the music I love, but itching to again spend time expressing myself through music!  I have again begun to dance (in the privacy of my home), sing, though only to myself, and play the keyboard and baritone uke again!

   So- my first "Love"- the love of music that speaks to me in so many ways is to be my companion, my comfort, and my "Love" once more!


   Until next time, Dear Readers!  I encourage you to find the Music that Moves and Inspires you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

MARCY'S THOUGHTS- THE PAST THAT HAUNTS US!

 From time to time I'm haunted by the difficulties I had in my past!   My anger for these events well in my chest, making me frustrated ...