Thursday, September 24, 2020

MARCY'S THOUGHTS - NONNA MARCY'S MUSINGS BLOG- INSOMNIA!

 


       INSOMNIA!  Family familiar!  My biological Father would go for days without being able to sleep, I'm told!  And then on day 4 or 5 a family member would find him collapsed on the floor, sleeping like the dead!  

I have never needed a lot of sleep!  My mother would put us to bed at 7 p.m. in the Summer time, which was torture for me!  She said she wanted us to get 12 hours of sleep!  I think she probably just wanted a break! 

 I would lay in that bed and try to figure out how I could escape undetected! I knew I could crawl out the window. The bedroom was on the first floor!  But how do I get back in?!  So- I'd lay there listening to the kids playing outside and hating every minute of that "non sleep" time!

In truth- most of my adult life aI went on 5 hours sleep a night!  Not that I didn't need more!  Flying career, children, home duties-- well, there didn't seem to be enough hours in the day!

In spite of my exhaustion there were times when I just couldn't sleep! My mind would be a whirl.  My body refused to rest!  I was always restless during the full of the moon!  But other times, like last night- it would just happen!  Both of my sons have the same condition!

Normally I just get up and do something!  The times I had to be somewhere early in the morning were the hardest!  I've meditated, listened to soothing music, exercised, and had a glass of wine. Nothing works!

So I wander into the wee hours, trying not to make noise for my neighbors! I watch the pre-dawn sky and listen to the birds waking up and calling for the Sun Rise!

And I realize how Blessed I am to have these quiet moments to myself, before I have to share my world with the noise of traffic and humanity!

Perhaps I need to look on "Insomnia" as a blessing-  a gift of a quiet World!

Until next time Dear Readers!

2 comments:

  1. I have the same problem. When I was a young adult, I would often stay out all night, shower and dress, and go to work. Once I stayed up for 3 days, but I'll never do that again. Nowadays, I use the Calm app to help me sleep.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lynda- Sometimes music does it for me- but usually not. However, 48 hours was the longest I've ever been awake! When I sleep, I sleep like the dead! I think something loud could go off right next to my bed and I wouldn't hear it! Ha!
      Marcy
      aka Nonna Marcy

      Delete

MARCY'S THOUGHTS- THE PAST THAT HAUNTS US!

 From time to time I'm haunted by the difficulties I had in my past!   My anger for these events well in my chest, making me frustrated ...